1 Now it came to pass in those days, there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that all the world should be enrolled. 2 This was the first enrolment made when Quirinius was governor of Syria. 3 And all went to enrol themselves, every one to his own city. 4 And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judaea, to the city of David, which is called Bethlehem, because he was of the house and family of David; 5 to enrol himself with Mary, who was betrothed to him, being great with child. 6 And it came to pass, while they were there, the days were fulfilled that she should be delivered. 7 And she brought forth her firstborn son; and she wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.Luke 2 American Standard Version
8 And there were shepherds in the same country abiding in the field, and keeping watch by night over their flock. 9 And an angel of the Lord stood by them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. 10 And the angel said unto them, Be not afraid; for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which shall be to all the people: 11 for there is born to you this day in the city of David a Saviour, who is Christ the Lord. 12 And this is the sign unto you: Ye shall find a babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, and lying in a manger. 13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,
14 Glory to God in the highest, And on earth peace among men in whom he is well pleased.
Linked from AmeriPundit because I like the graphic. Merry Christmas!
Meme: Buffalo tagged me with the Christmas meme...
1. Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog
2. Share Christmas facts about yourself
3. Tag seven random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Welcome to the Christmas edition of "Getting to Know Your Friends."
1. Wrapping or gift bags? Prefer wrapped
2. Real or artificial tree? No tree this year, have an artificial though.
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually first weekend in December.
4. When do you take the tree down? New Year's Day
5. Do you like eggnog? Not in the least
6. Favorite gift received as a child? my first computer :)
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Nope
8. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? all gifts are good
9. Mail or email Christmas cards? email
10. Favorite Christmas Movie? “The Christmas Story”
11. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Last possible minute
12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? cookies
13. Clear lights or colored on the tree? white
14. Favorite Christmas song(s)? Silent Night
15. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home.
16. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? yes
17. Angel on the tree top or a star? star
18. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Morning? usually no presents left by then
19. Most annoying thing about this time of year? bills
20. Do you decorate your tree in any specific theme or color? No.
21. What do you leave for Santa? milk and cookies
22. Least favorite holiday song? really none
23. Favorite ornament? none
24. Family tradition? money as a gift hidden in candy
25. Ever been to Midnight Mass or late-night Christmas Eve services? No, and I need to
No one, I don't pass them on :)